46th E-AUCTION – Notice inviting applications for allotment of MPEG-4 slots on DD Free Dish DTH
Platform for the period from 01.07.2020 to 30.06.2021.
1. Prasar Bharati invites applications for allotment of MPEG-4 slots of DD Free Dish DTH Platform for the period from 01.07.2020 to 30.06.2021 through 46th on line e-auction process (2nd annual e-auction of MPEG-4 slots) to be tentatively held from 16.05.2020.
2. The slots will be allotted as per policy guidelines for allotment of DD Free Dish slots, notified on 15.01.2019 and as amended vide amendments notified on 30.03.2019 & 01.11.2019 which are available on the websites, http://doordarshan.gov.in and http://prasarbharati.gov.in.
3. Only satellite channels licensed by the Ministry of I&B for downlinking in India would be allotted slots on DD Free Dish. Only license holder company or their authorized distributor partners can apply for allocation of DD Free Dish slot.
4. In case the applicant company is other than licensee, the document/agreement signed between license Holder Company and applicant company authorizing the applicant/bidder for distribution of the channel and bidding on behalf of the licensee must be submitted.
5. International Public Broadcasters licensed/registered/permitted by the Ministry of I&B can also participate in e-auction.
6. The channel provider shall be required to notify viewers of the need to use the Prasar Bharati authorized Set-top-Boxes (STBs).
7. Prasar Bharati reserves all rights to restrict access of MPEG-4 signals to unauthorized STBs at any point of time.
8. Bidding in the e-auction of MPEG-4 slots will be open to all genre (language) Channels at reserve price of Rs. 5.0 Lakhs
9. Successful bidders shall be required to make the payments as per payment schedule prescribed under clause (5) of the policy guidelines for allotment of DD Free Dish slots.
10. Online training will be provided to all eligible participants before the commencement of actual e-Auction.
11. If required, Prasar Bharati/Doordarshan can extend e-Auction to the next day or as the case may be.
12. For details like e-auction process, terms & conditions and payment schedule etc. please refer to policy guidelines available on the website, http://doordarshan.gov.in and http://prasarbharati.gov.in
13. Prasar Bharati reserve the rights to accept/reject/cancel/amend the e-Auction/slot at any
time during the e-Auction or after e-Auction.
14. Interested broadcasters may apply online at https://fdslots.prasarbharati.org and upload all requisite documents as prescribed in the application. Please note that it is mandatory to pay the non-refundable processing fee of Rs.25,000/- online at above portal to submit the application. The participation fee of Rs. 1.25 Lakh (Rupees one lakh twenty five thousand only) is to be paid only through Demand Draft. A copy of the participation fee demand draft is to be uploaded online.
15. List of documents to be uploaded online is at ANNEXURE.
16. After submission of online application, the original demand draft for participation fee along with printout of acknowledgement received for submission of online application is to be submitted in sealed cover either in person or by Speed/Registered Post addressed to Director (DTH) Room No. 601, Tower-A, Directorate General: Doordarshan, Doordarshan Bhawan, Copernicus Marg, New Delhi-110001 latest by 15.06.2020 latest by 3.00 P.M.
17. For unsuccessful bidders, participation fee will be refunded within three weeks after the declaration of the results of e-auction. For successful bidders, participation fee will be adjusted in the final installment of the carriage fee/bid amount.
18. Successful Channels will be required to arrange their own IRD Box in advance at DTH Earth Station, Todapur, New Delhi, to place their Channel on DD Free Dish Platform.
19. The Last Date for submission of applications is 15.06.2020 latest by 3.00 P.M